These are some of the important issues that a dynamic panel of people will address in the National Teach-In on Syria. You are invited to watch the teach-in on line as we dig deeper into the issues and learn the lessons.
We are happy to join with other national groups to sponsor this live streamed panel on Tuesday, October 8th:
• Phyllis Bennis - Director, New Internationalism Project at the Institute for Policy Studies
• Stephen Miles - Coordinator, Win Without War
• Nick Berning - Communications Director, MoveOn.org
• Rep. Barbara Lee (invited) - 13th Cong. District, CA
• moderated by Judith LeBlanc - Field Director, Peace Action
Watch this important discussion with others! This is a moment to bring people together, to take our organizing to a new level.
- Invite people to your home to watch the teach-in together.
- If you are at a school or college get a room and organize a screening.
- Ask your local library or religious institution to set up a public viewing.
- Ask you local community cable station to run the program live or taped.
- Use this teach-in as an opportunity to talk with others about how to strengthen the work of the anti-war movement.
We realize the time of this event might make it hard for some folks on the West Coast to see the broadcast, but we'll be sending out information about how you can access this event after October 8th.
Then, on Wednesday, October 9th, join the Jobs-Not-Wars national conference call.
Wed. Oct. 9, 8:30 pm ET/7:30 CT/ 6:30 MT/5:30 PT.
559-726-1300; Access Code 463-900#
What did you do in your community when the attack on Syria was threatened? How can we build on the broad sentiment that organized to stop this attack in order to fund basic needs for health and food with cuts to military contracts that pave the road to the next war?
The Jobs-Not-Wars campaign works at the grassroots level to change the priorities of our nation. How can we be most effective in each of our communities as we struggle to meet human needs, moving away from war & militarism Join us to discuss the next steps this coalition should take.www.Jobs-Not-Wars.org
It’s time to keep building the movement! While we can rightly celebrate the power the peace and justice movement has had, we must not squander this moment.
Please make a donation to UFPJ, so that we can continue to keep our member groups and dedicated activists linked together for effective action and impact.
Live Streaming at http://www.busboysandpoets.com/videos/live-streaming